Thursday, July 21, 2011

A couple good recipes

I've been noticing that eating raw foods gives me a lot more energy than when I eat cooked food, so I was looking for some good raw recipes. Here are a couple good ones I found from a raw food recipe book. The "fries" look a lot like fries, but the taste and texture are completely different. They're sweet and spicy and crunchy and delicious.

Spicy "Fries" from Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen

Peel and slice jicama to look like french fries. Marinate in 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 lemon juiced, and 1/8 tsp chili powder and 1/8 tsp cayenne (or less of both--it gives it quite a kick). Let marinate for a few hours or overnight, drain and serve.

Cilantro Vinaigrette (also from Living on Live Food)

2 cups fresh cilantro
1 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 clove garlic
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp sea salt (table salt is actually so processed, it's toxic to our bodies. Real sea salt has has minerals and our bodies know how to process it)
1/2 tsp black pepper

Blend all ingredients in a blender. (I want to try this again with fresh lime juice for some of the vinegar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment