Friday, July 8, 2011

Sandra's Avocado Soup/Dip/Dressing

Ladies,
Here's the most delicious vegan recipe I found while in Arizona to add to my 'collection'. We've eaten it as a cold soup, salad dressing, and (with half the water added, a dip for veggies and chips).
Sandra

Avocado Soup/Dip/Salad Dressing
In blender, puree until smooth:

1 avocado
1 c. sour cream (the soy-based tofutti 'sour cream' is just as good as the milk kind)
1 c. cold water (half that much if you want this to be thicker like a dip)
3/4 c. bottled salsa verde (I thought this amount was a bit speecy-spicy, so I dropped the amount to 1/3 to 1/2 cup and liked it even better without so much 'bite')
1/4 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves (I'm not real careful with this measurement because we like cilantro so don't mind if there is a bit more)
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper (I also toss in some of the Ms. Dash non-salt Lemon Pepper flavoring because we like it)

If served as soup, sprinkle with some raw pumpkin seeds. Yumm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment