Monday, May 23, 2011

Thai Peanut Noodle Stirfry

Here is another recipe we enjoy, that I don't really have measurements with because I made it up, but it's not to hard to make to taste. And I'm still looking for some good Asian whole grain noodles to replace with white flour ones we use, but if you don't want the white flour noodles, it would probably be good over brown rice, too.

Stirfry your favorite veggies till tender and brightly colored. We like broccoli, pea pods, celery,sweet onion, green onion, carrot, green and red pepper, and mung bean sprouts. I add the sprouts at the very end, and just stir to heat through.

I boil and drain enough Asian noodles to feed our family. We like a ramen style noodle that doesn't have any weird additives.

Then I make a sauce with several heaping tablespoons of natural peanut butter, a few teaspoons of honey,and a couple cups of warm water. Then I add more water or peanut butter depending on how thick or thin we want the sauce. I season with a small piece (about an inch) of fresh grated ginger (or I shake in some dried ginger to taste), and one or two cloves of minced garlic (or I shake in some garlic powder to taste), and salt and pepper to taste. I usually heat the sauce before adding it to the noodles.

Sometimes we mix the sauce with the noodles, and other times we serve it on the side. My sister likes to make enough sauce to do both. We like top the stirfry with toasted cashews.

1 comment: