Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's for Dinner?--Roasted Eggplant Dip with Corn Chips and 25 Minute Tunisian Couscous

This is from Konnie:

Here's what we had for dinner one night a week or so ago.

Roasted Eggplant Dip--from The Top 100 Recipes for a healthy Lunchbox by Nicola Graimes (Kohls), served with corn chips

25-Minute Tunisian Vegetable Couscous http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/25-Minute-Tunisian-Vegetable-Couscous/Detail.aspx?prop31=5

Okay, I sort-of made the Couscous. I had a mushroom. I had some quinoa. I saw this recipe. I improvised. I didn't have the zucchini or cilantro. I didn't use the tomatoes or parmesan cheese (I read the reviews and adapted to some of the common suggestions.) I did add a little extra seasoning. And I just used regular paprika. It was pretty good.

I thought the eggplant dip was really yummy. So did Melanie. Everyone else thought it was too spicy. Next time, I'll cut back on the cumin a bit. Honestly, Mel and I mixed the two dishes and ate everything on the corn chips. It made a really nice, chunky salsa-type dip. I loved it the second day too.

Konnie

1 comment: