Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's for Dessert-- Creamy Fudge

Today I made a really tasty vegan fudge. The basic recipe is coconut butter and banana with a dash of salt and cinnamon. I don't know if you can buy coconut butter in Rexburg. I made mine by blending dried coconut in my Vitamix blender for several minutes until it sort of liquefied. I've heard you can make it in a food processor, but it takes longer. I found the recipe HERE.

I also tried the chocolate variation on the recipe which you can find HERE, and she has lots of other flavors HERE.

You can leave it sweetened with just the banana, or you can add your preferred sweetener. When you've blended it up, it is more like a frosting (a very yummy frosting), and when you put it in the fridge or freezer, it takes on more of a fudge texture.

2 comments: