Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's for Dinner--Hummus and Veggies on a Whole Wheat Tortilla

Once I had hummus and everyone else at the party liked it, but I couldn't stand it. I thought I must not like hummus. But then I heard about how every hummus recipe is a little bit different and you just have to find the one you like. So I tried again. And I'm so glad I did. Lilly's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (available at Broulims) is so good, my baby eats it with a spoon. It's addicting. I tried to duplicate the recipe so I could make it at home, but I haven't got it right yet. If I do, I'll post the recipe.

So for dinner we had Lilly's hummus on whole wheat tortillas (we like the kind you buy raw and cook yourself) with cut up veggies (carrots, cucumber, tomatoes), sprouts, and greens. It tasted so good, I think I could eat it every day.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm not the only one who hasn't loved hummus yet. I keep wanting to love it. I'd feel better about giving it to my family than peanut butter. But I can't get them to eat it. I'll try the Roasted Red Pepper Hummus!

    ReplyDelete