Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Couple of Treats

One of my family's new favorite treats is Cookie Dough Balls. Very simple, and completely yummy.

2/3 cup raw cashews
1/3 cup oats
2 Tbsp agave
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Blend oats and cashews in a blender or food processor. It will make a damp flour. Mix in sweeteners and vanilla to make a dough. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into little balls of cookie dough. I found this recipe from loveveggiesandyoga.com, but I didn't want to link to it, because a few things on that site made me a bit uncomfortable and I didn't want to offend anyone. But her recipes are really, really good.

I'll share the link for one of our other favorite recipes, but warn you that there's one swear word in this cool online whole foods recipe collection that appears to be written by a couple of young boys. http://jonsiandalex.com/media/recipebook/ If you flip through the online pages (click and drag), we really like the Strawberry Pie--especially the crust made of nuts, dates, coconut, and coconut oil. The Best Chocolate Milk is good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment