Sunday, June 12, 2011

What's For Dinner?

We had coconut rice with stir fry veggies,thai peanut sauce, toasted unsweetened coconut, and toasted cashews, with sliced, raw fruit and vegetables on the side. The coconut rice was brown rice cooked in a can of coconut milk with enough water to make up the rest of the liquid, cooked with a cinnamon stick and the zest of 1 lime. This was really tasty, and easy to make.

I threw something unusual together for lunch today, too, but it was really good. I took a little whole wheat pasta, topped it with raw broccoli, peanuts, raisins, and kidney beans, and drizzled it with homemade mustard-dill vinaigrette (the one I made for potato salad). It had a yummy sweet and sour flavor. I've made something similar with a different dressing (honey mustard vinaigrette, I think) and carrots and sweet baby lettuce added to the rest. Pasta salad, heavy on the salad. It's one of my new favorite foods.

1 comment: