Friday, June 17, 2011

easy treat--Raw Balls from The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone

Raw Balls

Here is an easy, delicious treat that my family LOVES. It has no processed sugar, only maple syrup--which unlike refined sugar has some nutritional value. Maple syrup is a good source of manganese and zinc.

I know at least one of my friends doesn't eat chocolate, and this version actually calls for carob--another nutritious substitute--carob contains none of the stimulants and harmful side affects of chocolate, and "contains vitamins A, B, B2, B3 and D. It is also high in calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium and contains iron, manganese, barium, copper and nickel"--http://www.living-foods.com/articles/rawcarob.html). I haven't tried carob yet, but I want to. We make these with cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment